Church Announcements & Prayer List from Sunday 3/19/23
- Our class topics for the Spring quarter: A Life of Faith on Sundays at 9:30am at the building, and Pleasing the Father on Wednesdays at 7pm on Zoom
- We have the opportunity to conduct the worship service at The Oakmont Senior Living Community on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month, including today, at 1:15. See Chet for more information about this. This is an exciting time of "picking up where we left off", as pre-covid we had been conducting a devotional service at The Oakmont for the past 37 years!
- Congregational singing – This Wednesday in the building at 7pm.
- Janet Kleyn from Agape Villages will be visiting us next Sunday, March 26, to give an informational presentation after services about the work the foster family agency does.
- Also next Sunday, we will be having our Walk4Water Giving Lunch. The Shepherd Small Group will prepare a lovely lunch for which donations will be accepted that will go toward the fundraising efforts of the Walk4Water.
- We praise God as we celebrate Jerry Lowe's baptism last Sunday! Jerry testified to the kindness of God leading us to repentance -amen and amen!
- The Women's Bible Class had a wonderful time at their luncheon last Thursday -thank you to the Hanson's for hosting in their lovely home!
- Praise God for the rain!
- Please continue to pray for Kathy Taylor and family as they mourn the loss of her son, Steve Fischer.
- Noah Boyce – Diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome; to have ablation procedure on April 4. Karen Fleming is currently there with the Boyce family.
- Sylvia Thompson – In the hospital
- Russell Farris – Headed to San Francisco for tests and chemotherapy.
- Tom Beebe – Broken wrist
Birthdays this Week
Rhonda Terrell - March 20
Remington Smith - March 21
Lorenzo Rocca - March 24
ONGOING PRAYER REQUESTS
Star Sullivan – Fell and hurt her knee
Ray Pollard & family
Grace Herring has moved to Visalia, California. Please pray for Grace as she settles in there.
Don & Merle Batie
Friends and family
Noah Boyce – Diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome; to have ablation procedure on April 4
Trevor Rickson (Tom Taylor's grandson) – Heart issues
Tessa (Craig Fleming's niece)
Brian Cannon (Cindy Henry's son)
Jake Edwards – Starting stem cell treatments. Diagnosed with Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV), which is root cause of the 2 cancers he's dealt with over the last several years, and the cancer he is now undergoing treatment for.
Connor Boyce (the Flemings' son-in-law) and family (Kathryn, Noah, Micah, Canon and Bo)
Charles Forsyth, jr.
Kacey Kelley – Dealing with long term Covid
Pat Henry (Cindy's brother) – Colon cancer.
Mike Ralph (Larry Bradley's cousin) – Cancer
Tassa Todd (Star's daughter) – Breast cancer
Patsy Kelly's brother, Tony – Lung cancer
Cher Ekasala (Jimmie Sowell's daughter)
Chris Hinkle is requesting prayers for the County Line Church of Christ in Tennessee as they search for a preacher.
Patty Leonard (Bob & June Abercrombie's daughter) – Breast cancer
Logan Bradley – Logan has now finished two-year treatment plan at UC Davis Medical to keep her leukemia in remission and is cancer free!
Dr. Bishop (Judy Thomson's Dr.) – Brain tumor
Steve Harnden (Christie's cousin) – Pancreatic cancer
Tiffany Smith – Lyme disease
Friends & Families of These Loved Ones Who Have Passed Away Recently
Steve Fischer (Kathy Taylor's son) - March 11
Darlene Spivey - February 5
Sarah Gomez's Grandmother - January
Dottie Hagen (Dana Shepherd's mother) - November 29
Jackie Castaldo (friend of the Bokulich's)
Linda Carter (Nette's sister) - September 11
Wendell (Butch) Quarrels (Viva Rhodes’ brother) - September
Jamal Dudley (Viva Rhodes’ nephew) - September
Nada Ellenbrand (Stephanie Russell's Mother) - September 25
Virginia Longera (Dana Collier's Aunt) - September
Corky Cooper - August 19
Bill Wojciechowski (Dana Rutledge's uncle) - August 18
Francis Herring - August 16
LD Ralph (Larry Bradley's uncle) - July
Gene St. Mary (Bob Abercrombie's brother in law) - July
Clarice Abercrombie (Lyle Thompson's aunt) - June 21
Sheryl Daugherty (friend of Viva Rhodes) - June
Bobby Pearson (Bob Abercrombie's sister-in-law)
Fran Montonya - May
Joan Beatty - May
Esmeraldo Yanga (Jemie Rocca's father) - March 3
Jim Radford (friend of Tom Taylor)
Wallace Ralph (Larry Bradley's uncle) - February 22
Jean Plew (friend of Arah Barham) - February 21
Hank Lawson (friend of Harold Presswood and Director of Church and Community Relations for Agape Villages)
Shirley Weagle - February 2
Wilda Adams (Mike Adams' mother) - January 25
Sandy Rogers - Kojima, Japan
Mark & Karen Abercrombie - Leipzig, Germany
Chad Wagner - Nigeria
Steve and Josie Mock - Philippines
Jim & Barbe Albright - Wycliffe Bible Translators
Churches of Christ Disaster Relief Effort
Agape Villages Foster Family Agency